Eggy Toast (Yumurtalı Ekmek)


When I look back, I do not remember having eggy toast for breakfast even for once. I am thinking now that maybe it was because I never was on good terms with eggs in my childhood, as I happened to find one on my plate each and every morning and refusing to eat was not one of the options. But despite the bad memories, sometimes you grow up to love the food once you could hardly eat. So egg for me is one of them, and trying out recipes made with eggs became my new hobby ever since I stopped judging it for what is past and done.

Ingredients: 

7-8 slices of bread (stale bread preferably to soak up more egg mixture)
3 eggs
3 heaped tbsp flour 
¼ cup of milk
2-3 springs of finely chopped parsley 
½ cup of feta cheese, grated 
½ tsp salt 
¼ cup frying oil

Instructions:  

- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl thoroughly.
- Add salt, parsley and cheese. Blend them into the mixture.
- Add the flour, a little at a time, to avoid lumps forming and stir well.  
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture, soaking it on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the soaked slices in medium heat, turning once, until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Serve while still warm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment