A very easy to make, yummy Turkish dessert. I love Quince Dessert ever since I can remember my mom making it. The quince we eat as a fruit is sour, probably not everybody's favorite pick of fruit. However the dessert made with quince is simply sweet and delicious. I used to wonder how the yellowish color of quince turned to orange, but found out soon enough as I followed my mom prepare it. So here goes everything in detail :)
1 – 1 ½ cup of water
2 cups of sugar (1/3 cup sugar for each half of quince)
seeds of quinces
1. Wash and peel the quinces and slice them in halves. Place the quinces and seeds in a pan. (the seeds give color to our desert)
2. Add water. (It should stand about ½ inch high in the pan) Then pour the sugar on the holes of the quinces equally.
3. Place the pan on high heat and bring to a boil, then turn down to low heat. Close the lid half and let it cook about an hour until the quinces take a red/orange color and are soft. (you can check it with a fork)
4. When placing on a dish make sure to pour along its syrup, but not the seeds.
5. Let it cool and keep in fridge at least 2 hours. Serve with cream and syrup.