Carrot and Zucchini Cake (Havuç ve Kabaklı Kek)


















When I was younger, I remember my mom making this cake frequently. She would state her carrot-zucchini cake is very healthy, and then would list up the ingredients I was not even aware of as a child. Since the year before, we took over the recipe with my sister due to several disappointing outcome of my mom's cooking. Yet it is what happens when you try to cook with a TV in the kitchen. Luckily, we never have the TV on when cooking with sis. And the carrot-zucchini cake is still my all time favorite for early school morning breakfasts when I am too sleepy to eat anything else.

Ingredients

4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
½ cup oil
3 cups of flour, sifted
1 package of baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt
2 ½ cups grated carrot (makes about 2 medium carrots)
2 ½ cups grated zucchini (makes about 1 medium zucchini)
1 cup walnut, crushed

Instructions

- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Beat them with a mixer until they become foamy. Then beat in the oil, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the baking powder and flour gradually. Make sure to stir well to avoid lumps forming. (When the flour is added, put the mixer aside and keep stirring with a spoon)
- Add the carrot, zucchini and walnuts. Blend them into the mixture.
- Grease the cake pan and pour the cake mixture in it.
- Bake in a 345 F preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment