Lemon Cake (Limonlu Kek)


















I was strolling along the recipe pages when I came across one of my favorite tea-time specialties. I am a lemon loving person, so the first time my sister and I made this cake it was like a lifelong dream come true. A food that tastes sweet, sour and savory all at the same time. I was hoping to make some lemonade before the weather got too cold to enjoy a cold drink, but this ended up as an even better way of making use of the juicy lemons.
 
Ingredients

3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of yogurt
3 ½ cup flour of flour, sifted
¾ cup of oil
1 package of baking powder
4 tbsp lemon peel
2 lemon juice
½ cup of raisin/ground walnut (optional) 

Instructions

- In a bowl, place the eggs and sugar. Beat them with a mixer until they become foamy. Then beat in the yogurt, oil, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Add the baking powder and flour gradually. Make sure to stir well to avoid lumps forming. (When the flour is added you might as well put the mixer aside and keep stirring with a spoon) If you want, add the raisins/walnuts at this point.
- Grease the cake pan and pour the cake mixture in it.
- Bake in a 345 F preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold.

2 comments:

  1. sounds very yumm!
    i will have to try this soon!
    would you recommend lemonade to go with it, i wonder? :)
    thank you for posting!
    love & light,
    tuncay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had lemonade along with it, but I bet it will be too lemony :)

    ReplyDelete