Quince Dessert (Ayva Tatlısı)


















A very easy to make, yummy Turkish dessert. I love Quince Dessert ever since I can remember my mom making it. The quince we eat as a fruit is sour, probably not everybody's favorite pick of fruit. However the dessert made with quince is simply sweet and delicious. I used to wonder how the yellowish color of quince turned to orange, but found out soon enough as I followed my mom prepare it. So here goes everything in detail :)

Ingredients

3 quinces
1 – 1 ½ cup of water
2 cups of sugar (1/3 cup sugar for each half of quince)
seeds of quinces
thick cream

Steps:


1. Wash and peel the quinces and slice them in halves. Place the quinces and seeds in a pan. (the seeds give color to our desert)



2. Add water. (It should stand about ½ inch high in the pan) Then pour the sugar on the holes of the quinces equally.


3. Place the pan on high heat and bring to a boil, then turn down to low heat. Close the lid half and let it cook about an hour until the quinces take a red/orange color and are soft. (you can check it with a fork) 



 

4. When placing on a dish make sure to pour along its syrup, but not the seeds.



 5. Let it cool and keep in fridge at least 2 hours. Serve with cream and syrup. 


3 comments:

  1. nom nom nom, I want one! Joking. My mom did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a nice information. I just came across to this blog and found great stuff from here. I would like to revisit this site in future to find more valuable information and recipes.Merguez Sausage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! I wanna eat it ,right now :D

    ReplyDelete